Skip to content

Work in Denmark FAQ

Can I apply for a job in Demark through the Embassy?

The Danish Embassy in Bucharest cannot forward applications and resumes to Danish companies. Moreover, the Embassy does not cooperate with recruitments agencies.

Can the Embassy help me find a job in Denmark?

Unfortunately the Embassy cannot help you find a job in Denmark. If you are interested in finding a job in Denmark, the Embassy would like to draw your attention to the homepages and where you can find vacant positions in Denmark.

Do I need a residence and work permit to work in Denmark?

As an EU citizen you can freely enter Denmark and stay in the country up to three months without a certificate of registration. If you seek employment, you may stay in the country for up to 6 months without a certificate of registration. The periods of 3 and 6 months are determined on the basis of the date of your entry.

If you expect that your stay in Denmark will last more than 3 months, you must apply for a certificate of registration before the expiry of the three months.

The application must be submitted by you in person to the Regional State Administration that covers the area where you are staying. 

For more information about the requirements for obtaining a residence permit please consult

Where can non-EU citizens apply for a residence and work permit?

For non-EU citizens it is possible to apply for a work and residence permit either at the Danish Embassy in Bucharest or at the Danish Immigration Service in Copenhagen.